Personal development, health and physical education
Mandatory Course (7–10)
Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE) is mandatory from Kindergarten to Year 10. PDHPE provides students with opportunities to explore issues that are likely to impact on the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others – now and in the future. Students also participate in challenging and enjoyable physical activity, improving their capacity to move with skill and confidence.
The PDHPE K–10 syllabus addresses contemporary health and physical activity concepts important to students, which are embedded in an age and Stage-appropriate manner through the content strands:
· Health, wellbeing and relationships – students develop strategies to manage change, challenges, power, abuse, violence and how to protect themselves and others in a range of situations.
· Movement skill and performance – students participate actively in a broad range of movement contexts to develop movement skill, confidence and competence to engage in a lifetime of physical activity.
· Healthy, safe and active lifestyles – students engage with a range of health issues and identify strategies to keep them healthy, safe and active.
Stage 5 electives (Year 9 and 10)
· The World is My Playground
· Best Start to Life
Physical Activity and Sport Studies (PASS):
· Sports Performance
· Sports Fitness
· Sports Medicine
· Sports Coaching
· Anatomy and Physiology
Stage 6 electives (Year 11 and 12)
Board Developed Courses (Category A):
· Community and Family Studies (CAFS)
· Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE)